Bryce is so different from his docile, domesticated older siblings. He's sweet as can be, but he has a wild, reactive side that, when it comes out, can only be described as being UNLEASHED! 
His best moments come at quiet times. His best moments are rare and all the more precious for it and you have to be paying attention when they happen.
Yesterday, was one of those times. He's frequently quite tender with his nightly prayers. He prays that two recently departed members of our ward will have a good day in Heaven and he prays for their families. He gets me all softened up with those prayers, which is nice, because bedtime isn't always easy.
Anyway, yesterday he'd had the normal amount of "unleashing" with fits and disgruntled postal-employee reactions, but it was still okay. I tucked him into bed and moved on to tucking in Ella. As I shut her door, he called out to me. Normally, at this time of night, I sigh (inwardly or otherwise) and give 'em a blunt "what?" but I was a big girl and listened to him.
He proceeded to tell me how sorry he was for the mistakes he'd made in how he'd treated me that day. He listed a bunch of things and was so sweet about it. Aw! I love these moments!
This morning, I reminded him of what he'd done last night and how proud I was of his choices. He just smiled that sweet promising smile of his. He just warms my heart right up!

2 comments:
We have to cherish those sweet moments... just remember, I have 3 of those "unleashed" boys.
Oh I do, Anisa!
Post a Comment