I'm caught up with the idea of 365 days. Of being able to do anything, every day, for a whole year.
It began with my husband sending me a link to The Orange Rhino. This is the blog of a mommy that was tired of the negativity of yelling at her kids. Many of us out there would cringe if our husbands sent us a parenting article, but this is one turned me instantly onto the idea, the empowerment of, not only NOT yelling, but of accomplishing a good, good thing for an entire year.
Then, I decided that if I put this hand in hand with another of something I want to have more a part of my life, READING THE SCRIPTURES EVERY DAY, then these two goals cannot help but help each other!
So I did it. I made myself a double-chart and I use a pencil to fill it out.
So far, I'm seven days in and seven days are filled in on the handy-dandy 365 day chart.
Yesterday got a bit intense, as did my voice as I talked to my children, so I thought I'd better check the Rhino site this morning to see what she had down as the definition of yelling. It's here. Well, I've been pushing the limits so I need to reign myself more, but I am SO up for this challenge and so excited.
I've seen Bryce responding better to me in general and I know more improvements are on their way. Another awesome result is that I am also praying more. It's so nice to have a goal with real desire behind it, one where I feel like I can ask the Lord to take me hand and help me through this.
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Now, this may like a bad idea, but I've also run into Make Something 365 & Get Unstuck and I think I'm going to add this challenge to my challenges. You choose a theme or a medium and make something every day.
I'm going to choose for my theme the Emily Dickinson poem:
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all,
And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.
I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.
Alright, then. Here I go. I am weak of will and well, just weak, but I know the promises of the Lord when it comes to helping us with that which is good and right. I think these goals, especially the not yelling and scripture reading are truly good and right.
Awesome. One foot after another. One day at a time.


1 comments:
Yay! You're an inspiration!
Post a Comment