daily quote for your perusal

I love my little blog. I love writing and putting words out into the cosmos, but I haven't been sitting at this desk much lately. As soon as school ended in December, I didn't want to even look at this screen or sit in this decrepit old chair.
 
Anyway, let's do a bit of catch up. Non-calendar holiday related catch-up/insight.
 
First, here's a weird picture of my husband. He spent the month of November growing a full-beard. That's never happened before. I liked it for awhile, but the kids couldn't wait for it to be gone. An then it was really weird that it was gone.
 
Ella and I had a little paper folding adventure. She loves origami. Ella's life is in the details. If you look at her room, she has all these little things, tiny touches that make up her little world. Her very pink world. She lights up our world as well.

If life would only slow down. During this day, we were waiting for Cameron's parents to arrive back home and everyone started playing around together. Dane and Cameron tossing snowballs at each other was a delightful scene.
 
My dad told Facebook that he was officially cancer-free after his last chemo treatment six months ago. That's how I found out. Funny man. He also just got a dream-come-true Harley-Davidson motorcycle. He's a blessed man!
Uncle Eric had a birthday and we celebrate with the Superbowl. Appropriate since he's the only member of our family that actually cares about the game of football.

My friend Angie and I scrapbooked with our mommies. They had to put up with our music and we theirs.

Dane graduated from the D.A.R.E. program. He was really excited about that. That's a good thing. He also received his Arrow of Light before moving on to Boy Scouts.

After such a LONG reprieve, we've had a bit of sickness. Ella is by far the BEST patient of the bunch. She's sweet. Stays in bed. Snuggles a lot. Communicates her needs. Doesn't whine!

Bryce started piano lessons, joining his siblings. He says he wants to take piano lessons all day long. He LOVES it. He loves his teacher. It makes him happy.

My oldest boy turned eleven years old. He loved being around family, much more than having to open presents or eating cake. This kid loves his cousins.


The new year really changed things for Dane and Ella. Expanders, braces and Ella getting headgear, which she has nicknamed "Mr. Doom."
 


 Then we went on a big family vacation (another post, another time) and face four weeks of off-track time beginning today.

2 comments:

Angie said...

You blogged! Welcome back!!

Seegmiller Six said...

So good to hear what you've been up to.. Love you my cousin, my friend! :)