daily quote for your perusal

It's been one of those days...

I honestly couldn't tell if it was me (hormonal, over-sensitive, who knows?) or if my kids really just had no love for me today.

I've been pretty happy with my progress as a calm emotionally-level individual lately.

My kids, however, have managed to say amazingly hurtful things to me throughout the day and I have been in tears all over the place. They're words and actions have been run the gamut from merely insensitive to down-right mean.
We had Stake Conference today, so church was earlier than normal. ALL I wanted was to hang out after church, play games, eat our meals and be together. Who knew these would prove to be such lofty goals? *eyeroll* I bawled throughout the meeting. I'm not even sure what the speakers said. 

I'm so frustrated. I'm not sure why I shouldn't go back to the angry, yelling, threatening mom I've been in the past. No one even hears me when I speak. 

Such is the life of a mother: You have them work and learn and try to help them as they grow and they think you're mean and don't love them. If you let them do whatever makes them happy or pleased, then they grow to think you didn't love them and did nothing good for them.

Surely there is some middle ground?

What was that? Did I just hear my mother laughing? Probably. Apparently, I deserve it all. :) 

5 comments:

Angie said...

You do not deserve it. Hope this morning is going much better. Love you.

Joni said...

I like you.

Cami said...

Thank you, friends.

seegfam said...

Cami, you are an amazing woman and mother and I love the living heck out of you! (ps. we all have those days!)

Anonymous said...

You are one of the most amazing moms I know... I have always looked up to you as an example for me! Hang in there, trials make us strong, right? Anisa