daily quote for your perusal

I adopted the 27 thing-fling from The Fly Lady years ago and I was 27 at the time. I have just increased the # in the exercise to match my current age.

I like writing up the occasional list on this blog. Just my thoughts or even a to-do is fun for me. I combined the two ideas, for a very long Christmas to-do list. Santa has his list, now I do too.The Christmas 34-To-Do:

  1. Remake my mother's famous caramel recipe because the first batch turned out crunchy.
  2. Keep the poinsettia from our good home teacher alive until January.
  3. Keep up with the exercise...just enough to keep me moving.
  4. Hang up the rest of the ornaments on the big tree now that I have more hooks for them.
  5. Keep the kids from shattering the dearest-to-my-heart decoration.
  6. Keep the birds fed.
  7. Make a snowman with my kids, if it ever snows on a day other than Sunday.
  8. Make a Christmas mix CD with my kids
  9. Make popcorn balls for my husband
  10. Make ginger bread cookies for Santa with my kids
  11. Divide my purchases for Cameron to see what he's getting for his birthday vs. what he's getting for Christmas
  12. Do the same thing for Dane
  13. Go on a date with my husband that has nothing to do with Christmas (Did you know I'm actually willing to hire teen-aged baby-sitters now? One giant step for this mom...and her marriage)
  14. Go on a date with my husband so I can pick out a bicycle. Santa's getting me one.
  15. Get going on that garland I've been planning since October.
  16. Teach kids (yep, even the boys) to simple embroidery so that we can decorate the above garland. It involves a lot of felt, cut into a lot of trees.
  17. Take more pictures of my kids, even if the lighting is bad, because they're so cute and they just keep growing.
  18. Decide (quickly!) on the version on O Holy Night to sing at my parents' ward later in the month.
  19. Try my hand at a great appetizer I tasted the other day. It involves chopped cranberries, green onions, cilantro and jalapeno.
  20. Snuggle with this baby (my nephew)
  21. Snuggle with this baby (cuz her momma lets me)
  22. Put together gifts for my brother and his family.
  23. Keep the house in good condition
  24. Watch holiday movies. I hope It's a Wonderful Life is on TV for Christmas Eve again. Nothing like crying and wrapping at the same time.
  25. Better remember my grandma for Christmas. She gives so much and sometimes I forget to be more than the spoiled girl always on the receiving end.
  26. Get sleep.
  27. Embrace the calories that will come into my life if when I don't get that sleep. (Hey Dr. Pepper)
  28. Go to the beach. (Bryce threw that one in. I'll go in my dreams)
  29. Finish Zealand's sweater
  30. Whip up scarves for Dane and Bryce using my yarn stash.
  31. Take our gently used items to the D.I. to make room for this year.
  32. Deliver neighbor gifts
  33. Read to my kids a lot
  34. Read from the Gospel of Luke with my family, remembering the Savior together.
There you have it. Now, I think I'd best be getting on to one of those thing-flings myself and clean my house!

2 comments:

rachel said...

That garland is WAY COOL!!! What a great idea. I'm proud of you for this list. So many fun things your doing...traditions your kids will always remember! I need to make myself a list like this.

Anisa said...

wow! Glad you found time to make a list! Maybe if I made a list I'd get something done?