daily quote for your perusal



I got to help my friend Angie pack a few boxes for her upcoming move this morning.

That, plus the beautiful sunshine, put me in a housekeeping kind of mood.

Just look at that sky!

I wiped out one of my ovens and started the self-cleaner. The windows are opening to let out the fumes.

I washed my garden windows. They're the best view from inside the house and now they're a spotless view.

I kicked the last of the ice off of the deck and swept all the sunflower seed husks left by the flocks of birds we've been feeding. Here are some of our frequent visitors:

This is a nuthatch. He's so tiny. Less than 4 inches in length. They're my favorite!The house finchThe black-capped chickadeeThe mountain chickadeeOur more rare visitors are:

the spotted woodpeckerthe northern flicker (a type of woodpecker)and a small family of quail.I filled all their feeders so they should be happy.

I took out a bunch of trash and recycling and in general am feeling that calm before the next winter storm.

Such a nice day and there's Christmas to look forward to! The best part of that is that I'm all done shopping!

6 comments:

Jeana said...

I love birds! I just wish I had more than robins near my house.

cosmos cami said...

Sometimes it's all about the seed you put out.
We never had the nuthatch or woodpeckers/flickers until we put out the seed block meant to attract them.
Just a tip if anyone's interested.

Angie said...

I think you just inspired me to clean out my oven! Thanks again for your help. :)

Cami said...

My oven is so pretty now!
I'll do the other two tomorrow.

Maybe

Anisa said...

I guess I should get started on that shopping!

We have a ton of quail where we live.

Jone said...

You always were the over achiever!