daily quote for your perusal

Well, crazy or practical.

Case Point #1:
My house has been turned into a Winter Wonderland sans snow. It's only November 6th.
Dude, have you seen the whopper tree, Cameron bought me a year ago? It is insane! If I have to have two trees, one five feet taller than the other, I am getting maximum use time out of them.
Case Point # 2
I stood half-hidden behind a beam on our deck for 10 minutes while my legs cramped to get this one good (iffy) shot of one of the several varieties of bird that come to enjoy the seed we've put out.
We have a great summer/fall watching all the birds come. When people say that someone 'eats like a bird' they do not know what they're talking about.
Case Point #3:
I hate New Years Resolutions in a big, big way. With any change, I like to be one step, or in this case, two months ahead of the game. I have exercised two days in a row with a hope and even a desire to continue. My practical reasons for this are simple because I hate that I can't fit into my skinny jeans that I bought for the Muse concert this past April. I think I'm crazy for exercising because I hate it sooooo much!
This is a picture of me walk/running. (Not really, but this is almost what it looks like outside when I go)

I've also notice that my body is freezing up without exercise. I'm walking around like a stiff old lady half the time and want to be limber and have more energy. I know I definitely had more as I carried four boxes of Christmas decor up our stairs. Go mama!

Crazy or practical? You decide.

Unless you go with crazy, of course.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Crazy on the tree front. I can't stand my big messy tree by December 26!

Awesome on the exercise front. You and me, running at the crack if dawn.

Jeana said...

I just started up my yoga this week. My motivation for resuming exercise is very much the same as yours.

Anisa said...

You are not crazy!!! I love that your tree is up. I love how you have taken such an interest in birds from your in-laws and I love that you're starting to exercise... Way to Go! Keep it up!

rachel said...

I can't wait to see your trees. Even got me into the Christmas spirit. And I'm proud of you for exercising. You will feel great!