daily quote for your perusal

I exercised again today. Yesterday, I learned that muscle soreness and fasting can confuse the weary mom into believing she may have the flu. Exercise caution. I wasn't sure if I was sick or not, but I've been drinking water like crazy and that seemed to be the main problem (the lack of water).


ANYWAY...
I meant to share this before Halloween but had not time for anything other than costume making.

Cameron works out several times a week at their work campus fitness center and they had a contest pre-Halloween to win this...
So the craziness is that I love most of this candy and it's in convenient big-mouth-sized pieces. Cam won by guessing how many calories the jar contained.
How many calories are were in jar? 12,528

I have this huge jar of candy now and no one in my family is really going to help me. Cam can't eat any of it. I gave away a couple of pounds of it pre-Halloween, but it's still 1/3 full.

And I choose to start eating healthier and exercising. CRAZY.
Peanuts are good protein, right?

8 comments:

Kirbell said...

Ben's friend Branton Richter is a dentist in Lehi and he is collecting Halloween candy for the troops. You could try that, or a local dentist? Good luck! Is it bad I ate as much Halloween candy as I could eat on Halloween weekend. I'm kind of candied out. Well, until I get my hands on some Cadbury's Christmas chocolate balls...

Jessica said...

I practically made my kids sell their stuff back to the local kids dentist. I cannot handle that kind of temptation.

Seegmiller Six said...

i ate a few (and a few too many more ) and then I had to get rid of it...to tempting...;) I'm never good at guessing that stuff..so go cam!

rachel said...

How ironic that it was a calorie contest in fitness center! So funny and delicious...

Angie said...

I will help you eat it. me you and baby. chocolate. a good movie. Follow me?

* said...

I'd suggest freezing it, we've done that with terrific results in the past. That way, you can take out a few pieces at a time, to cut up for pancakes, or for ice cream topping, or for a movie night or school lunch. The candy (chocolate stuff anyhow) thaws well.

PS: Wondering if you'd like to do a mixed CD swap sometime with me? We seem to enjoy similar taste in music. lmk! ;)

Anisa said...

It's your kids' fault... my kids would have had that whole jar empty in one day!

Kelly Ann said...

I'm with Angie. I'll make the sacrifice and help you eat that. I know I'm a great friend, tis true.
By the way I have to say your costumes turned out fabulous!! It inspired Austin & I to maybe put some effort into our own attire when we go to the Harry Potter movie (one week to go!!!!)