daily quote for your perusal

While we were in New York City we stumbled upon an illustration at the NYC Public Library, this one matter of fact, that Cam said was very familiar to him.

The more I looked online through illustrations by Harry Clarke, I couldn't help but be a little chilled up my spine.
This is from the Tell-Tale Heart by Poe. Just look at that simper on the murderer.
Harry Clarke (1889-1931) was born in Dublin, Ireland. During his career he illustrated editions of works by Hans Christian Anderson, Perrault (Cinderella's author), Edgar Allen Poe, and Goethe's Faust. He designed stained glass windows as well.
Look at how lovely these are! And as fall and harvest and Halloween approach, they just seemed too appropriate not to post.

Wow.

5 comments:

Jake said...

These are wonderful! Thank you for taking a moment to share them.

Kirbell said...

Gorgeous! I can't believe I've never heard of this artist. Thanks for educating me.

* said...

Love love love the art. Still wish I could've fit into your pocket for your NYC trip...are you guys still buzzing from all the awesomeness of it or what? :)

Cami said...

Yes definitely.
I must go back.
I must.

Kelly Ann said...

i absolutely LOVE the last 2 and the red riding hood one. thank you for introducing us. i think Harry & i are going to be good friends.