daily quote for your perusal

We have a playroom.

It is chaos at its finest.

I try not to nag about it because then I end up cleaning it and ahem, no thank you.

Today I have promised excellent rewards to children who complete more than the normal amount of chores AND that playroom. Dane wants the rewards more than anyone and right now the house is echoing with the desperate strains of his rendition of The Clean-Up Song (from that show with the purple dinosaur) made popular in Latter-Day Saint nurseries across the country.

Ooh, Dane changed the key of his song up a notch. He's either getting more desperate in his command over a 5 and 4 yr old or he's seeing some progress, some hope, that I am not seeing.

I suppose this is progress...
I mean, I can see the carpet.

2 comments:

Janna Leadbetter said...

They are adorable. Even with the singing. ;)

Anisa said...

They have tooooo many toys... That's what I keep telling my kids.

So, I had some for sale at my yard sale today. And what do you know? My mother in law came and paid the kids to buy their toys so they can play with them at her house!!!