daily quote for your perusal

At some time or another we all have problems relating to others of our species, more so of our own gender and further...members of our own family.
Lately, I've found myself a little hurt and a bit angry at times toward two of my relatives. They have drawn close to me in times of need and I felt a lot of joy being close to them, helping them, being their friend or confindant (because we all need someone from time to time and it's a blessing to be that someone).
Then, sadly for me, as soon as their scar tissue has formed, I am a forgotten entity. No emails, no calls, texts, whatever. I feel like my heart's been scooped out and is melting on the counter and I am left hollow.
Stuff like this happens to people all the time, I know, but I don't think we realize it most of the time, but it's when it seems to happen repeatedly you come to understand why you might feel a little frigid toward someone.

So...

I was talking to Cameron about all of this, serving up my frustrations and he says: (you guessed it)
I guess now you know how Heavenly Father feels.

It was this crazy post-parable type statement made at a perfect moment in time for me and the impact of it shook me so hard my teeth rattled.
Having pushed Heavenly Father away for awhile now, teasing Him with flickers of possible returns, prayers here and there, only recently have I truly have been opening my selfish heart again.
It hurt so much to see what Cameron was saying. (He did say it wasn't directed at me, but the world at large.) He said how many times to we come to Heavenly Father in times of need, speak to Him daily, hourly even and then when the crisis passes, give Him hardly more than a passing thought.
So sad to be a fair weather friend to my God.
I'm working on this. Things are still tenuous in my relationship with the Almighty, but I see that it's all in me to make it less so.

Recently, I found this very helpful.

5 comments:

Anisa said...

That must be why he gives us trials... thanks Cameron, I think we all needed that:)

Jeana said...

That' so true. I enjoyed reading your post.

rachel said...

What an AMAZING ah-hah moment and beautifully penned I might add.

You've got a great husband there. The message so profound, so powerful, so perfect.
The Lord knows just what we need, doesn't HE?

I look forward to hearing about your journey, because a journey it will be.

Love you!

* said...

Oh, the pain in loving and keeping on loving, despite getting anything at all in return.

Thanks for this post, it make my teeth rattle, too. In a good, soul and spirit jarring way.

Happy Easter & General Conference weekend!!

The Scott and Camille Neilson Family said...

What a beautiful message and so true! Thank you!