

But it's not. Chocolate really isn't my biggest weakness, besides chocolate is a joy.
My biggest weakness is time management. There are so many things I want to do, I could never possibly do them all and then there are my home duties and family duties and wife duties and daughter duties, etc.
This little guy is my new best friend.
For as long as I know, The FLY Lady, has been stating that "You can do anything in 15 minutes!" She has suggested that one who wants a cleaner house and chaos-free life will want to have a small timer to carry around with them from room to room to do 15 minutes here and 15 minutes there. I tried just using my oven timer, but I'm telling you, this little guy is magic. He cost me less than $3 and helps me keep going and going. I can do amazing things in 15 minutes. I set it for 15 minutes and use it in one room at a time and keep working until it goes off. I get more done in each room than I would have just tackling it head on and then getting distracted as I put things away in various rooms. Oh, I could go on, but I won't. This is what I've been doing this week. It's been good.
The best product has been more time with these lovely people.

7 comments:
I love FlyLady's timer tip. I use it whenever I get discouraged. More gets done in that 15 minutes then in a whole hour without.
I would have to say, though, chocolate not being a weakness? That is perhaps arguable. ;)
I'm so proud of you. Glad it's been a lovely week!! I can't wait to see you :)
Yes, I did the Sidetracked Home Executives System and that little timer works every time!
Oh and good for you for taking your life back.
I tried it yesterday... but I set my timer so that I would only clean for 15 minutes and no more. You see, the big boys were at school and T was asleep. I wanted to do my own fun stuff but was feeling guilty that the house was somewhat dirty. So, I told myself that I would clean for 15 minutes and only 15 minutes so I could enjoy my time without the kids. It worked great because I think I hurried faster knowing I was on a time frame. I may try that more often and I think I'll try it with the kids as well.
Oh fly lady and I have been friends for a long time - I have many times used the 15 minute fly - saved my sanity! :) I love it!
Great idea. I have serious ADD when it comes to cleaning/tidying.
Post a Comment