Today my timer and I are taking on the most frightening room in my house...
It's not my kitchen (lookin' good). It's not even my kids' bathroom. My close friends are already nodding their heads... It's my 'room of one's own': my craft room.
YIKES!!!
I've done one 15 minute session and I didn't want to quit to do 15 minutes somewhere else, but it sure has kept me from feeling overwhelmed. I did get one small corner cleaned up and filled a lot of garbage/recycling bags.
Progress.
As soon as this post is finished, I'm going to do more.
My kids are happily playing in the room next to the craft room. I built them a castle out of the castle blocks that I usually hate and used large cardboard pieces to create a maze leading up to the castle. They have since decorated the castle with other building blocks and are walking around arm in arm.
I have taken pictures of the 'before' of the craft room, the before that began piling up right after Scrapbook USA, during prep for a boutique and then reached its wretched climax during the craziness of last minute Christmas gifts, crafting and wrapping. My friend Anisa has challenged me to post the before and after on our craft blog. Well, I think I will, but we've got a long way before it gets there.
I'd say at least 6 more 15 minute sessions, but hey that's only an hour and a half, really.
Back to work!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
WOW!!!!!!
I may need to see this with my own eyes...
Fools mock but they shall...
well, you know. ;)
:) haha
Do you follow the fly lady cleaning techniques? She suggests setting a timer for 15 min to clean a living space.
I need to do the same in my closets, garage & pantries. I keep shoving and stuffing until things fall out everywhere. Not the best way of organizing...
Post a Comment