daily quote for your perusal

Well, it's Thursday on a technicality since I'm writing this at 2:34 AM.

Hi.

Cam has taken this week off work and it's been so wonderful having him around!

I can't even say how wonderful it is to have him as my husband.

Ella started pre-school this week.

She's impossibly adorable, but just don't ever tell her what to do or watch out!

She loves her teacher and for show and tell, got to read a small portion of a Dick and Jane book (she is quite hooked on these books and was so pleased to learn from my grandma that she also learned to read with Dick and Jane.

Tuesday night, I got to pick up my team's soccer uniforms...yes, I'm coaching again. Pictures of me making weird faces while guiding 5 yr olds around a grassy rectangle coming soon!

Right after soccer, I got to attend my writing group and reveled in the intellectual exhaustion!

In other (VERY EXCITING) news, Dane asked to try riding his bike without those training wheels. I've been watching him ride for months and the training wheels never touch the ground until he turns up onto our driveway.

I took them off quickly and got him set up, reminding him to hang onto the bike that will no longer support itself. I helped him launch and kept my hand on the back of the seat for about, um, three seconds and he was OFF! He took right to it, just like I knew he would, but it was all made more sweet that I actually let him decide when to do it. He was so pleased with himself! Yay, Dane! Bryce was even cheering him on.


Like I said, a great week so far.

Cam and Bryce have been spending a lot of quality time scattering anthills as they try to shape our future vegetable garden. Bryce squishes any and every bug he can find.

Oh! I nearly forgot! The bedtime training of Bryce has been going so well! There was amazing progress in the first four days and it just keeps getting better. He's slept through the night 9 of 10 days. This was utterly impossible just 3 weeks ago! I am so rested! I hardly recognize how much better my back and shoulders feel from all that great rest (that I sabotage on nights/mornings like this). Good, good things!

6 comments:

Anisa said...

It would be weird and nice to have ryan home all week just for fun.

so, I shouldn't push brenner to ride his bike without training wheels?

rachel said...

Cool!! I want to know how the dentist went in this amazing week of yours.

CJMsquared+6 said...

Maybe we should get you a good bedtime/night routine so you can sleep through the night too!! just kidding... how great that he is sleeping. Looking forward to those funny face pictures!! Isn't it great to have Dad around!

Jessica said...

I could never get my kids into Dick and Jane...and I thought for sure my Jane would love them, but nope.

I always cry when my kids first learn to ride without training wheels...but I cry about a lot of stuff.

Yay for your good week!

Brooke said...

Good days make it all worth it! Hope you get lots more of those.

Seegmiller Six said...

Way to go dane! I love it - Enjoy those golden moments! :)