daily quote for your perusal




Dane's school held their first grader Christmas Concert last night. It was so adorable and really quite entertaining. I loved it!



They all sang many songs together, then Dane's class sang "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "Up on the Housetop" by themselves. Dane was supposed to bring antlers to wear for the performance. He made them by himself, without ANY help from me. He made a hat band out of cardboard, got two sticks from outside and taped them to the band. I knew that most of the kids would have those adorable stuffed and decorated antlers, but I just couldn't take that away from Dane. He didn't care. He was proud of them and I was so proud of him. He really likes to use his own ideas.

As part of the decor, each child decorated a paper stocking. Each had the name of the child across the top. As we were trying to find Dane's he says "My stocking has my name going down, instead of across the top, and it has a jedi knight on it, too." Like I said...his own ideas and I am thrilled, but not surprised.

We videoed most of it, though we didn't have a good angle at all.


During a slide show presentation of some class activities, Bryce and Ella really began to enjoy themselves and began dancing in the aisle. Yes, more Bryce dancing, but (or should I say butt) this is a lot funnier than the previous one.


2 comments:

rachel said...

Dane is so adorable! I love how he has his own ideas and has the wherewithal to be his own man and I can't get the video of Bryce to work!

Anisa said...

He looks so handsome and all grown up!!!