daily quote for your perusal

So you say you want to get into genealogy and research your ancestors and all that family tree jazz?
You say you'd start today, but you hesitate because you've never seen a census chart or marriage record?

You say you simply don't have the time to get into the true trenches of researching your people...yet?

Well, I would like to make a humble suggestion: try Family Search Indexing!

Family Search Indexing gives you the chance to work on someone's family history by indexing various records from the United States and other countries that will help them to find and ultimately help you to find where your ancestors came from, what they did for a living and other cherish-able information.

Give it a try! It's absolutely free without any strings. The benefits to you is that you can easily get comfortable with the records you'd use when you are able search for Uncle Joe and Grandma Zerelda and you really are helping further the connections of families everywhere and that has got to feel good.

Click here to volunteer!
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with www.familysearchindexing.org site. I just love to do this volunteer work and view these little slices of history.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Is this the site they featured in the Ensign 6 months ago? I was very intrigued but never did anything about it...

rachel said...

I actually signed up for this but I could never read any of the handwriting...any of it! I would end up frustrated and then the baby would cry and I would be done.

Cami said...

Yes this was featured in the Ensign a few months back. It's intriguing and Rachel, there's less handwriting in marriage records.

Anisa said...

I need to baby sit so you can go to the geneology library. Let's get that figured out.