daily quote for your perusal

I guess this post is a bit of a poll and it's utterly pointless unless you post a response.


All of us know that just because a product is generic doesn't necessarily mean it is of inferior quality, however there are some brand-name products that keep you coming back for more and paying full price to do it.

I will accept no substitue for:

Downey liquid fabric softener

Secret solid deodorant

Desitin Ointment (diaper rash cream)

C & H Brown Sugar


Crayola Crayons


Yoplait yogurt


Ritz Crackers


How about you? Which name-brand products will you accept no substitute for?

10 comments:

Lorie said...

They must be Crayola. But besides that I don't think there is anything else that I have to have.

CJMsquared+6 said...

I totally agree with the Downy, Crayola, and Yoplait Yogurt. I also will not accept replacements for Pampers diapers, Pepperidge Farm Gold Fish, Cheez-its.

Jessica said...

We have generic everything. Almost everything I can handle replacements for, if it's cheaper (diapers, juice, yogurt)--it's not as good, but I don't care.

Kirbell said...

Not many things - I'm all about cheap. Wait, Oreos! Nothing like a real oreo with real milk.

Jessica said...

i just thought of 2: Jif and Oreos, oh yeah Honey Maid graham crackers. Guess i'm more of a food snob than I thought!

Angie said...

I am with on Yoplait and Secret. I won't buy any peanut butter but JIF. Anytime I do, it's a big mistake and no one eats it. I also love Kraft Mayo. For along time we only have bought Surf laundry detergent, but after trying some Tide liquid, we're on the hunt for something new.

Angie said...

oh-and if I'm buying milk-it has to be whole. That's the only way it is drinkable. :)

Anonymous said...

I won't wash my clothes in anything but Tide, that smell is just so comforting and clean.

Cami said...

I forgot Oreos and Kleenex.

Marcia said...

Lipton Tea Bags, Miracle Whip and Heinz ketchup, anything else can be (and usually is) generic!

Marcia