daily quote for your perusal


I hosted Thanksgiving this year for my husband's side of the family. Determined to enjoy my week, I actually wrote out a great division of labor for the four days leading up to the big day and was pretty pleased with that. Thankfully, it worked out well.

While I prepared the turkey for the oven, I got Dane and Ella busy making sugar cookie dough for the cookies for the cousins to frost and eat while the adults were playing games. Thankfully, Dane can read, measure and crack eggs.

I kept Bryce entertained by using his hand to stamp turkeys for the place cards. Then I let him finger paint. After returning from leaving the room for a minute, he had painted his pants, socks, the chair, the table, and the chairs for the kiddie table in the next room. Thankfully, it was Tempera paint and it washed off easily.


Cameron was so willing to help and I did a better job of asking for that help more than usual. Thankfully, he not only handled chores I hadn't got to yet, but they were also ones I didn't want to do.


Later, I had Dane and Ella decorate the turkey hand prints that Bryce made. They did a great job, using their fingers, Q-Tips, and acrylic paint.



Thankfully, they got none of that paint on their clothes.
My turkey turned out great, though it was ready two hours early (how did that happen?). Thankfully, everyone arrived on time.

My husband's sister and family arrived with an extra guest. (Surprise!) Thankfully, we had room at our table and plenty of food.

Five busy cousins under age six had a marvelous time together. Thankfully, the house survived and no one got hurt.

I chose to not play games this year (I'm ususally really competitive and love games), but chose to clean up and spend time with my kids and their cousins. Thankfully, no one missed me, the kids enjoyed my reading to them and my house looks great today.


All that stuff is great but I am truly thankful for:

  • a husband like Cameron

  • kids that love me anyway
  • a warm house in a beautiful area
  • food to fill my stomach
  • the Gospel
  • intelligence and creativity
  • digital cameras
  • books
  • really great friends
Now, bring on CHRISTMAS!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lovely day!