daily quote for your perusal

I've been thinking that differences in families lead to a lot of camps or sides on different issues.
The first of these 'camps' and the most predominant is the My Little Ponies camp vs. Transformers camp.

Ella says everything Dane likes is yucky. Dane, silly boy, started this idea in the first place, saying that Ponies were yucky.

Dane tries to meet her half-way sometimes, by trying to get the Ponies to decide which of them are good ponies and which are bad so that he can play with his sister. Ella insists that all the ponies are good.
Bryce sides with whomever is letting him play with their toys.

Next camp comparison: Night owls vs. Morning people

I am a night owl. I totally feel creative and energized (even if I havent' been getting any sleep) and 'me' again.
Dane seems to like the peacefulness of nighttime, but he also doesn't like to miss out on anything, once accusing that: "You and Dad watch secret movies while I am asleep!" Yep, kiddo, CSI and the Food Network...
Bryce likes a late night, too. It's probably the individual attention.
Cam is up with the dawn. It's his peaceful time. He might sleep in until 7 AM on Saturday. He can hardly keep his eyes open after 10. It's just his way.
Ella is in the morning category simply because she loves sleep. She always has. She gets to bed early and willingly and sleeps as long as we'll let her.
I have been forced into bridging both camps because my kids are important to me and I know they need my care. However, I need 'me', too, so sometime, I just can resist seeing 2:00 AM glowing on the clock in the dark.
All these 'camp' thoughts have stemmed from talking with my friends about the two Twilight camps: Team Edward and Team Jacob...
My friend Angie is with me, I believe, in that only Edward matters.




My friend Ane is stubbornly sticking with Jacob, stating "I'd rather have a dog than a pet rock."



Can't wait to get the new book on my hands!

6 comments:

Chunk N ME said...

GO TEAM JACOB!!! :) Looks like one smart cookie friend you got there Cami. ;) But I will admit that Edward is a hottie, Jacob is just more my type of guy :). GO TEAM JACOB!!!

Angie said...

Ahhh...Edward. Just the name makes me smile. (Can you see the twinkly stars in my eyes?) :)

I hate to disappoint you team Jacob fans, but the only one that matters is TEAM EDWARD! lol.

And-I love to stay up late, but my poor hubby can't sleep without me. I never get to have a happy late night unless he's out of town. Sigh.

rachel said...

Yea for ponies, late late late nights- (2 am doesn't phase me anymore) and Edward :)

Seegmiller Six said...

Go Team Edward - I never even had the thought of a team jacob enter my mind until someone mentioned they hoped she would end up with him. She just belongs with Edward , plus, Jacob didn't imprint, so can't happen! :) I can't wait to read the next book either!

Kirbell said...

Definitely transformers. Way cooler.

I'm a late night person, although I do enjoy my morning swims.

I've always been an Edward fan, just because he's Edward, but lately, I am appreciating Jacob more and more.

Anisa said...

I'll never get to have ponies in my house... only transformers. I guess I'll just have to play with Ella's.

Usually a morning person, but right now I just want to sleep, sleep, sleep.

I don't like vampires or werewolves. I think she should go for a human... is Mike his name?