Now, I know that everything tastes better at the end of fast sunday, but I have never received so many compliments on dinner from Cameron before. Not a little satisfying, these compliments continued throughout the evening. How nice is that?!
I made lamb chops topped with peppercorn bacon and sauteed mushrooms called oddly, but accurately by the recipe's creator: Dirty Piggy-Back Lamb.
I hadn't had lamb since my dating days, when Cam took us to The Roof restaurant on the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I didn't like it then, but I figured I could try it again after nine years.

Anyway, this was really, REALLY good and what really topped off the whole meal was the delicious pineapple that our friends the Maynes brought from Hawaii to us. YUM!
Dirty Piggy-Back Lamb
INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
8 slices bacon
4 lamb blade chops
1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
seasoned salt to taste
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
8 slices bacon
4 lamb blade chops
1 teaspoon cracked black peppercorns
seasoned salt to taste
DIRECTIONS
Preheat a grill for high heat.
While the grill warms up, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Set aside.
Season the bacon slices with pepper, and place them on the grill. Cook bacon until crisp, turning once, then set aside. Season the lamb chops with seasoned salt, and place them on the grill. Cook to your desired degree of doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium.
Serve each chop with two slices of bacon over it, and top with the sliced mushrooms.


2 comments:
When I was a little kid my grandpa used to work for a sheep rancher. My grandma and grandpa would buy the lambs that the mothers wouldn't nurse because they had too many lambs. We would feed them milk from a bottle until they got big enough to eat on their own. Anyway, my point is, we then had a lot of lamb or mutton to eat. We would have roasts and chops, etc. It was my favorite meat. It was so flavorful! Now that I am big and my grandparents are gone, we don't get lamb any more and it's way too expensive to buy. So, I'm glad you found a good recipe and some good lamb chops. Sounds like the perfect meal!
You're lamb sounds yummy. I'm glad the pineapple was good!
Post a Comment