I have a cup of cream burning a hole in my refrigerator.

What do I do with it? Dessert, of course is always the answer...in general. Looking through my Mrs. Fields' cookbook I've found a lot of items that only require a tablespoon or two. It's hard to know exactly how to indulge my sweet tooth.
I have begun with caramel-filled brownies.
Here they are just out of the oven. They are really light in color, but you beat the eggs fluffy with the hand mixer so I think that contributed to that.
Here they are cut and not dripping with caramel goo that the picture in the cookbook shows. The caramel sort of absorbed into the top layer and although they are good, I already have some improvements in mind, like using more than 3 oz of chocolate. I'll definitely try these again.
Anyone have suggestions for using a cup of extra cream?

3 comments:
How 'bout a nice quiche? Although, if Cam's gone and your kids won't eat it...
Oh, I know-have you ever made pan eclairs with graham crackers, pudding and whipped cream. Yum.
BTW-those brownies sound good, even if the caramel isn't oozing like the picture.
Whenever I have left over cream, I feed it to my kids to fatten them up!
Post a Comment