There is sunshine in my soul (and on my deck).
I feel like everything is going really well and that is such a good feeling.
I have seen my prayers answered in little ways that have led to a sweet peaceful spirit in my heart.
Right before the new year, I talked to Cameron about the lack of purpose I felt regarding the scriptures. I knew the counsel from our leaders is to read from the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, daily. I didn't feel like just reading was a good use of my time, but felt too busy to really study enough to get something out of the scriptures and I didn't really want to read the Book of Mormon because I really enjoy the bible.
Anyway, I was very frustrated and I hadn't had a lot of peace in my heart and I wanted to do something about it.
He counseled rather wisely that I should read with a purpose, perhaps the purpose of looking for counsel for myself as a mother or as an individual. 
When I began, I prayed that my fingers would be guided to where I needed to read. Day by day, I was taken to just what I needed to see and knew these things were answers to prayers.
I was given Helaman 3:27-29, Proverbs 31:10-31, the subject of meekness...then in one of those rare moments when I can actually listen to the speaker in Sacrament meeting I got a very strong feeling that the speaker had just given me my most important answer yet. I don't remember exactly what was said, but I knew that I needed to read the Book of Mormon. I began. I have been so blessed by what is in there everyday. I just read until I receive something that feels pertinent to my life and ponder on that throughout the day. I rarely need to read more than a few verses. I have been amazed. I feel like this black cloud that's been hovering around me is gone. I am so very grateful and I again feel a love for the Book of Mormon that I felt while serving my mission. What a blessing!
Labels:
books and reading,
me,
my faith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm always working on that same thing and am a little jealous that it's been coming together for you! Thanks for an inspirational post.
I'm glad that February is turning out to be a much better month than January was.
You are a great inspiration to me!
Post a Comment