daily quote for your perusal

We follow a conservative, simple garden schedule around here: peas and other seeds go in the ground on Conference weekend and tomatoes go in Mother's Day (and which is it really: Mother's Day or Mothers' Day?). All the plants are flourishing so far. Since moving here nearly four years ago we haven't yet had a boundless tomato crop. One year, the plants got some rare disease. One year, we didn't recondition the soil as we were told we didn't need to do it, etc... This year, I'm really hoping for oodles and I can hardly wait! I've felt so happy getting out in the sunshine, planting loads of veggies and flowers AND WORKING ON MY WALL! Seriously, nothing beats stone-smithing. I've already planned on using my leftover stone to build a smaller wall in my front yard to solve some garden-bed problems. Hooray for outdoors, soil and sunshine!

1 comments:

Angie said...

Good luck with your tomatoes this year! I'm looking forward to a plentiful fresh tomatoes, too. I checked my plants this morning and they seem to have grown already. Yay for fresh produce!