I miss writing.
I was doing so much for awhile...poetry, fiction, blogging...
Then I just stepped away. It's just my way, I suppose.
Anyway, I've missed my little blog here and the record it is of my family life. I've decided to take the time to write a lot more and by doing it here that somehow keeps me accountable for it.
I was inspired to write today because of someone writing to me. I married into a wonderful family. My in-laws have been so loving, gracious and accepting of me. I've never not felt like a Stringham. When we were engaged, I got to know a few of Cameron's cousins who were attending school in Utah and Cameron's mom would provide a delicious Sunday dinner for everyone.
Becca, seen here with Cam and me, is one of those wonderful cousins and we've been able to stay in contact over the years.
Today I got a letter (and actual letter with a stamp!) from her. It was a card with a picture of her cute kiddos. Why? Just to let me know she was thinking about me.
A hand-written note may not be big as trends go, but the feeling of getting one will certainly never go out of style. I let things hold me back on doing this myself. Stupid things like "I haven't hand-made any cards yet."
Dumb. Sticky notes would probably work just as well.
If I took the time to write a note to someone every time I was truly thinking about them I am sure the world would be a happier place and I'd feel less disconnected to the world at large.
So thank you, Becca, (I know you're out there) you really made my day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love getting handwritten notes. Maybe we should skip the kid crafts we had planned and have a major card making time with the kids and ourselves. I know mine would love it.
Glad I could make your day, you've made mine many a time...and now you have again...:)Thanks for the sweet thoughts! Love you guys! :)
Post a Comment