daily quote for your perusal

Our busy/crazy week started out with a bang on the Fourth of July. We made our annual trek to Provo for America's Freedom Fest and the early morning balloon launch. We set out our blankets, the kids are still in their jammies and we have breakfast while the balloons fill around us.The extra special balloon this year was none other than his Darthness. Very cool for all of us. He was 69' wide and 85' tall and fulling sanctioned by LucasArts.Cam amidst the Kids Area chaos.The kids got their faces painted (um, that's a tiara)and had fun doing crafts under the tent.On Tuesday, came the joy that I will never have to clean this kitchen again, because as the day continued...the room disintegrated into this

then this,

then this.The kitchen demolition began and has continued through the week.

On Tuesday, my friend Angie and I started a kids summer activity effort, beginning with painting rocks masked with letters from their names. Each kid will get a set (it took me a while to get the paint sealed for the out of doors) when they're delivered. (We have since done a fireworks notebook and pen craft and a field trip/walk. Tomorrow, we're going to attempt making animal zipper pulls out of polymer clay).

Tuesday night, my friend Anisa stayed at our house with her kids. Our kids had a lot of fun together, like no time had passed. After bed time, Anisa and I got to do some scrapbooking...until her little boy woke up, his mouth full of blood. She finally took him and his little brother to the ER and I stayed up, in the fear that her oldest would come looking for her and find everyone gone. Since my craft room is right across from my guest room...I got a lot of pages finished! Anisa stumbled back in the door at 5:45 AM and she and the boys crashed. I got to sleep for an hour (thanks, Bryce) and got Brenner and my kids breakfast. After a reasonable rest, Anisa headed home to get her boy to the dentist (where the trouble originally started).

I basically stumbled through the rest of the day. Not well.

Cam started his new class that (Wednesday) night.

Thursday, Cam and I went to the Gallivan Center to see Toad the Wet Sprocket.

It was so awesome! Cam loves this band and he had a great grin on his face the whole time. He sang along (I did too, but) and we danced and jumped around with the crowd. Glen Phillips has such a great voice and was so gracious and down-to-earth. I really enjoyed myself.



I spent all Friday looking for a present for THIS WEDDING!

My little brother got married!

Ella and Addy were flower girls, my new nieces (the bride's daughters) are just behind them.

Eric and Stephanie make their vows.


The wedding, luncheon and reception were all at the house of a friend of Stephanie's parents.

Parents of the groom.
It was a wonderful, beautiful wedding. The rain had good timing. My brother is so happy with his new wife and new family. I think he's doing quite well with being insta-dad.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

OOohhh!! I'm so jealous!! I love Toad!! Sounds like you guys have been having a lot of fun and I can't wait to see your kitchen done!! :)

thefirewoman said...

I loved reading about all of this! Ella looks so pretty as a flower girl :)

Anisa said...

Thanks again for putting up with us.... I have missed you tons... we didn't have enough time together. I will have to come back up when your kitchen is finished.