We begin with Dane. Very excited to be going into 4th grade. After two days of attending, he keeps talking about all the "opportunities" that come with 4th grade. It'll be interesting to see what he takes advantage of this year.
On the same day (July 26th), Bryce got to attend the Kindergarten open house. He loved doing work at all the stations there and meeting his teacher.
He couldn't stop beaming and pretty much danced back to the car.
I officially enrolled at SLCC, starting small with a required math class, online. One small step for me, heading to the education I've been putting off for so long. No one will be surprised that I'm going for an English degree and I'm really excited about this. The best part is seeing how proud Dane and Ella are of me. They keep mentioning it to other people. Perhaps it's just that it's a novelty to have Mommy go to school at the same time as them, but either way, they think it's cool.
This whole school thing seems to be a theme around here as Cam continues to teach at the Univ of Phoenix. He seems to really enjoy it. Its something that probably neither of us could have foreseen as something in his future, but it's been a pleasant surprise.
This whole school thing seems to be a theme around here as Cam continues to teach at the Univ of Phoenix. He seems to really enjoy it. Its something that probably neither of us could have foreseen as something in his future, but it's been a pleasant surprise.Today was Ella's first day of school (we met briefly with her teacher yesterday), her first day of first grade. I was so sad after B and I dropped her off. It was quick as we had to rush home to catch a delivery. It didn't bother her that it was quick. She got in line by her cousin (another school surprise) and went right in. My she's grown up! She is so much more confident in who she is. She loves all the girly-girls she hangs out with at school.
After the delivery of our kitchen cabinets, Bryce and I rushed back to the school to meet Dane's teacher.
Later, while everyone was at school, after he lamented that he didn't get to go, Bryce used his "squirt-gun syringe" (obtained after this accident) to make designs in water on the deck. He LOVED it!
We also worked on his handwriting. I've let him get into so bad habits with his letter forming (though it seems to be a theme with all my children). He had his moments of frustration and elation.
Here comes Ella! Fresh off of her first day. Mommy is much relieved to see her happy face and to hear she had a very wonderful day.
We have an assessment Bryce's teacher in the morning. Nothing like jumping right back into things.

4 comments:
Bryce's name (and smile) are so cute! I hope Dane enjoys all his "opportunities" this year. :) I love when they use bigger expressions. Ella is really coming into her own. Such a sweet, charming girl. Good luck with your math! You'll do great.
Oh I'm so happy you're going back to school! I'm so jealous! I'm glad you're all off to a great start! And I can't wait to see the new kitchen. =)
This is such an AMAZING time for ALL of you!! I can still picture all of you doing homework around the kitchen table...love it!
It's crazy you are already back in school. Your kids are growing up so fast... and they look so much older.
Post a Comment