daily quote for your perusal

I want to know what the secret is. Redheads know how to write, how to sing, how to bring it all together to make amazing music.


I absolutely love Florence + the Machine. (really cool website, BTW) She had an amazing debut album: Lungs. She is an amazing combination of the vocal power of this redhead, the quirkiness of Kate Bush and the artistry of Siouxsie and the Banshees (Cameron came up with this combo and I totally agree). I love her lyrics, the whole sound, so rich.

Lately, I've really enjoyed getting re-enamoured with Tori Amos. In her words, I see so much of me. I've been listening to Little Earthquakes again and live recordings. She is the lyricist that blows my mind more than any other female lyricist. Love to Tori, here.
Hayley Williams (of Paramore) writes great rock and sings it with her heart.



Miki Berenyi (of Lush. Please, please come back) was incredible. I miss hearing more from this awesome band and Miki is just gorgeous. Lush stopped making music together right as their sound was evolving and the sassiness increasing. Pity.
On the home front, I have two redhead writers whose work I really love: my friend Rachel and webfriend Terresa (and they have real red hair and amazing talent).

1 comments:

Joni said...

When I saw the title of your post I was ready to scold (gently) if you didn't include Tori. She really is amazing. Little Earthquakes is an amazing album. Precious Things is one of my top five favorite songs of all time.