No, not the kitchen remodel.
Not the labor intensive backyard landscape alterations.
Summer.
Is it over yet?
The kids radio ears have me completely tuned out.
They are no longer capable of not hitting/shoving/biting?/"stabbing" each other.
Of course, the prospect of entrusting my final child to the hands of the public school system has me excited, but I'm afraid that this last four days is just going to do us all in (and even then Bryce doesn't officially start until August 3rd).
I'm so sad. I've really made a good effort throughout July, despite surviving kitchen remodels and evening swim lessons, etc. to be generous with playdates, activities, patience... You try, but it's a bummer when they've learned from all your pre-Summer faults. Where is the love?
It's list time.
Here is a list of the things I am most looking forward to accomplishing when all the kids are in school (you love lists, I know you do):
- weekly trips to the temple
- housework without interruptions
- volunteering in each classroom
- going back to school (me)
- more genealogy
- quiet time
- going to the library by myself
- joy at seeing my kids at the end of their day and feeling like I can take them on with enthusiasm
It's a simple list.
I'm not going to do it all the first week. I'm going to savor this list and savor this time. I think I've earned a little bit.

4 comments:
I love your lists! :) I am excited for you and all the opportunities that await you.
Are you really going back to school? That's awesome!
I want to know more about going back to school as well!
So jealous... I have a few more years.
We are getting a little tired of hitting/fighting, etc. here too.... can't wait for school to start again... but for now, we have 3 more weeks.
Post a Comment