There is something wrong with my children, Bryce especially.
The problem is that they are growing up.
Bryce talks like he's thirteen: wizened, self-confident and done listening to others.
His face is more angular, his hair is darkening.
I was amazed to listen to a conversation between Bryce and his cousin-to-be (also 4 years old) as they discussed their matriculation to new schools. HiLARious.
It's the little things that make my heart break, one little crack at a time. I was looking over Bryce's preschool teacher's blog (she posts pics of the kids w/o their names and such) and found this cute little photo of Bryce. It was last Summer or early Fall. He's so small!
And now he looks like this.
He's an amazing helper, but only when he wants to be. He's intense. He loves his mom: loves to kiss her and play with her hair and latch on with his monkey legs to be carried around the house. He's a complete joy most days (just don't cross him).
I continued to scroll through the photos and suddenly I was looking at Ella (who had the same teacher the year previously) and I wanted to cry. They are changing so fast!

2 comments:
Part of me wishes they could stay little forever. =)
It's so hard... we want them to grow up in so many ways... and stay small and young forever in so many other ways...it's hard to see them grow up too fast.
Post a Comment