Black Rebel Motorcycle Club--Am I Only
Why I like this: The sound of this song takes me back to Love & Rockets. It's melancholic without being too dark. Great lyrics.
The Strokes feat. Regina Spektor--Modern Girls and Old-Fashioned Men
Why I like this: Regina Spektor is like the new, hot voice you want singing along on your latest single. Like Sting (Dire Straits: Money for Nothing) and Michael Jackson (Rockwell: Somebody's Watching Me)before her, she brings more to the song than the artist she's helping out...
"Weird Al" Yankovic--White and Nerdy
Why I like it: Too many truths divided between myself, Cameron and various folks in our acquaintance are listed in this song. White, nerdy and proud. The cameo of Donny Osmond dancing is especially sweet.
Mumford and Sons--I Gave You All
Why I like it: I love the beginning. It's tender and personal. Slowly it builds and then erupts into banjo, mandolin, stronger vocals. I love the lyrics and am pretty impressed all around with their whole album: Sigh No More
Muse--Please Please Please, Let Me Get What I Want
Why I like it: First, it's a cover of the original Smiths song. I like that it's a bit whiney and I love how Muse's awesome guitaring makes it modern and wonderful.

1 comments:
I didn't listen to the music but still don't know exactly where i put a comment...i KNOW lame!! But just love seeing the cute things you post. I stopped on the way home from the shower to pick up a shelf that i got at a yard sale in Lehi, they were selling everything in the house. She had a cute flower cart on the front porch, so i asked her husband if he was selling it and he said "sure $5.00" so i bought it and a couple of pottery pieces. I will bring it when i come to the recital. Are you coming to Steven's reception? Call me at work. I work 7-3 this week. XOXO Mom
Post a Comment