This is not working. Ella said this when she was opening a present on her second birthday. It was so cute, it has been immortalized in my heart.
Well, two weeks (I think it's been two weeks...) is too long to be without a home computer.
This is a different world we're living in nowadays and I cannot do my calling, take care of my children and help them with school projects, stay in touch with friends and family, and save the world without a home computer. I'm ashamed to be so completely hooked on technology, but I am also a practical person.Take school reports. Dane has one due on Wednesday. We are going to have to resort to the old-school method of going to the library and copying historical images in B&W, then coloring them, to make a mobil representing the Gold-Rush era book he read for said report.
Weird.
Anyhow, it has been lame to plan my whole day around going somewhere to use the computer so that I can find out the information I need to do my JOBS! Any day now this will hopefully all be a bad dream. A few positives...- I can play "Red River Valley" on the piano.
- I have been writing every day since I got over my typing need and began carrying around a notebook again.
- I've had even more motivation to get to the Family History Library.
- I have been able to see how spoiled I am, which leads to humility, and that is a good thing.
Last note before I go.
It's been such a drizzly day. It's left Bryce and me saying and singing...

2 comments:
I hope the computer drama is over soon. I miss you online. (Not that I don't use every other means of communication with you ;) My invitation to use my computer is still open.
I'm sorry too that this is still going on! I'm proud of you for all that you are accomplishing though. Can I take a rain check on the family history library? I have a feeling I could be hooked...
Post a Comment