daily quote for your perusal

Cameron has known for weeks that I'm going to see Markus Zusak, author The Book Thief and I Am the Messenger. He likes to tease me, wondering if he should be worried about me going to see someone I, a-hem, like so much. Well Markus Zusak is pretty cute and all, but it's his writing that blows me away.

This morning I mentioned again how excited I was to being going tonight and Cameron asked me "Why is your friend Rachel (who I'm going with) excited to go see Mark Kozelek? I didn't know she liked your Dead Can Dance or Red House Painters music or whatever."

Huh?

Cam thought I was going to see the musician/poet Mark Kozelek whom I have admired for a decade. (I have written about his music here)

"No, Markus Zusak wrote The Book Thief. Remember, you read it?"
"Ha! It all makes sense now."
"What, that it's at a library? That he's coming to Provo? That I'm going with people with my writing group?"
"No," says Cameron "I was wondering why 400 people were interested seeing your obscure musician guy."
Oh.
Well, if it was Mark Kozelek maybe he should have worried. *wink*

0 comments: