daily quote for your perusal


  • you'll want good friends there with you as witnesses to the fact (Rachel, me, Annalisa)


  • you hope this person looks like what you think they look like (seriously, how can an author be so cute?)


  • you hope they'll look at your camera when you take their picture


  • you'll listen intently, gratefully, to every amazing word he says and every story he tells, not only because he's articulate, disarmingly funny and charming, but because he's also Australian and sounds like it

  • you'll be happy to see old friends again and to rejoice that they get to have this experience too

  • you'll be flabbergasted that you get to spend just a few minutes with him, watching him sign your books

  • you hope they won't be fazed by your nervous hero-worship induced state



    • you'll be amazed that it was their idea to pose for a picture with you (even though it was against the rules)

    • you'll be forever grateful for the people that made it possible



    • you may also secretly wish that your friend Annalisa, who is due the next day, will go into labor because that is the only way that this night could possibly be more memorable.

    What an amazing blessing to see Markus Zusak, author of The Book Thief, I am the Messenger and Getting the Girl, to hear him speak of personal stories, writing, creativity, eggs, his experiences as an author, advice and to hear him read from The Book Thief! This evening will be a highlight for my life. Definitely.

    6 comments:

    rachel said...

    Nice job. I will never forget this. Too bad there wasn't a way to photo shop the girl's pic out of your special Zusak pic, though I must say her expression is priceless enough I'm glad you kept it in. :)

    Cami said...

    I'm still on the fence about the photoshopping. I could make it work.

    Anonymous said...

    It looks like you had fun:)

    Jessica said...

    The reason you are so interesting is because you don't just have hobbies, you have PASSIONS.

    Fun and very cool!

    mintifresh said...

    I had to come read yours from Rachel's blog out of pure envy!

    You're right-he is super cute!

    Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

    Okay, will you still be my friend if I tell you I haven't read any of these books? But I want to now so I think I will download one to my Kindle and get reading.