daily quote for your perusal

Last night, I thought I'd buy myself some future Christmas Eve sleep by wrapping presents last night.
As I sat on the floor, surrounded by what would soon be "Christmas Morning", I wondered who was going to get credit for all this thought (as in "it's the thought that counts...") and time put into all this gift gathering?

I used to allow Santa to be responsible for around 80% of all the gifts given. The kids didn't care either way and I got to be part of the magic anyway. I was the magic, just with a pseudonym.

Now my kids are getting a bit older and there are some gifts that I look at and I want them to know their parents came up with those surprises...

So, Santa and I had a little scrap between us. He wanted things to be the way they usual are, but when I divvied up the presents, the parents in this house came out on top.
As 3 AM approached, I sat surrounded, in smug satisfaction, by wrapped presents that were 68% from us and 32% from that big man in the red suit. Here's to release from mythical oppression! (LOL)



How do you do things at your house? Are both giving parties equally represented? Does Santa only have a small part to play? You could leave a comment, if you'd like, and tell us all about it. :)

4 comments:

Jeana said...

I'm probably different from most, but I'm the same way. I want my kids to know how much work I've put into it. Santa brings stocking gifts and one present. We bring the rest. I'm okay with that.

thefirewoman said...

The kids get one gift from Santa and whatever is in their stockings just like Jeana. We keep things simple. It's worked out really well for us. :)

Anisa said...

I only remember getting presents from Santa as a kid, so Santa brings all of the presents at our house... Never knew things were otherwise... interesting.

.:.stephanie.:. said...

Ha Ha you should ask Eric about us wrapping presents this year. I realized that my girls are old enough to know what was from mom and what was from Santa. I was in tears over who was giving what. Eric would divide it up and I'd have some ridiculous come back "No! That makes Santa look awesome and me look cheap!" and vice versa. Finally it came down to a couple from Santa and most from mommy and Eric. I do however like the idea of one from Santa and the stocking.