daily quote for your perusal

As we got started on some fun Christmas stuff in the kitchen, Ella said it should have been Pink Day today (Wednesday) because "I like Pink Day to be on special days and I can tell that today is going to be a special day."

While Bryce and I got a new batch of caramel measured out, Dane and Ella worked together to make their first ginger bread dough.

Taking a break until I can help with the next stage...That night (or maybe it was the next? My days are blurring) we went to see the lights at Temple Square in downtown SLC. We haven't been here for years. Long enough for Bryce and Ella to not even remember or know about the place. Ella was very excited! (this vid is a subdued Ella while we were there)


Dane said the wider spread trees reminded him of Lehi's Vision of the Tree of Life. (another example below)

Lights everywhere!
I loved this feature on the reflective pond in the Main Street Plaza. After this we slipped over to the Joseph Smith Memorial Center and looked down on the Square from the 10th floor. The kids loved that.
It was just warm enough and it's always nice to not have to worry about slipping on ice. We went inside the North Visitors' Center.
The kids in the room with the Christus. They loved the depiction of the universe. Bryce was amazed by the size of the statue.

I was so happy to have a lovely time with no more than an occasional "When can we go home?" from Dane. I was a great taste of the Christmas spirit!

2 comments:

rachel said...

I love the last pic! Their faces...wow :)

Anisa said...

I miss temple square:(

It's so fun to see your kids playing and doing puzzles. I'm glad you get to enjoy this time off track!