daily quote for your perusal

Dane and Ella performed beautifully in their recital last week. It was Ella's first recital and I was worried about the introduction part where the students say their name and the piece(s) they will be playing.
She hopped right onto the stage, but then she took in the audience. Her eyes grew wide and she took a few steps back. She looked like she would bold any minute, kinda like Julia Roberts in The Runaway Bride as she walks down the aisle.
It was an awkward minute, but then she gathered herself and said in a sweet soft voice: "My name is Ella..." Then she launched into her pieces and seemed pleased when she got to sit down. It was wonderful to see her when she turned to me for some assurance with a bright smile on her face.

And Bryce? He was wonderful and quiet the whole time. Although he asked me about 40 questions, they were all whispered.

4 comments:

Jone said...

Such cute kids Cam & Cam! I'm proud to say I'm related;) Ella's B-Day dress is darling,good job Cami

CJMsquared+6 said...

So fun!! Ella is such a sweetheart! I am glad her first recital went well! Love the first pic of the two of them together!! And the one of Ella at the piano says "Mom, no more pictures!!"

Jeana said...

I love recital time! And I'm glad they did a great job.

Mandolin said...

wish i could have been there! :(