Ella doesn't miss much.
She could have stated Ludwig Mies van der Rohe's famous quote "God is in the details" herself. I mean, the girl actually saw her name written in the clouds. Out of courtesy, I looked to where she indicated in the sky and her name was there! A small e, an upper case L followed by a lower case l and an upper case A. Did you know that clouds formed triangles with holes in the middle? Ella did. I only wish I hadn't been driving or I would have snapped a picture. Did I mention that this happened on her first day of kindergarten and she was quite nervous? These are tender mercies given to a 5 then/6 now little girl. One day she noticed the magic of a small rainbow on our wall or ceiling, I forget which and we had to search for it's source and I got to teach her how to be even more perceptive.
Ella wants to be an artist right now and I think she's found the right vocation.
Anyway, rainbows...
Because Ella was so excited about the rainbows I started to look for prisms. Can you even read that word without thinking of the scene from Pollyanna and trying to make sick old Agnes Moorehead happy with them?
So I have been looking for prisms and I was out with just Ella two saturdays ago and we found a prism candle holder. I plan on taking it apart and harvesting the prisms so that the house can be filled with rainbows. In the meantime, I just stuck it in the window. About this same time the sun began shifting a bit to the south and has turned the glass shelves in my garden windows to large prisms.
Rainbows have really brightened up our house!
Labels:
celebrations,
Ella,
photos,
recommendations
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That's fun. I love rainbows!
Oh, the ability to get through it all, how I loved that at the end of the post, and the name in the clouds, and the rainbows & Pollyanna, etc. I was just telling my kids about that movie, and realized we haven't watched it as a family yet. We're due.
Kids are such a blessing, huh? You really should have stopped the car and snapped a picture of those clouds!
Post a Comment