daily quote for your perusal

Sure, I am acquainted with Time. Isn't everybody?


But if I glance Time out of the corner of my eye at, say, the grocery store or the library, I ignore it.

We're definitely not in sync.

So, when Ella got the afternoon kindergarten assignment, I inwardly groaned. I am a morning schedule person. I'll do anything in the morning, as early as you want, but stick something in the middle of the day and I'm doomed to fail/forget. With the afternoon k assignment, I immediately worried that I wouldn't get her fed lunch before the bell rang.

The first day...

Dane calls as I am finishing up the details on Ella's first day of school outfit.

He says he's 'queasy.'

I go get him from school, change plans for Ella's outfit and keep going. I get kids fed and suddenly Time has left the building and we just have to go.

I leave Bryce with Dane and we rush and BARELY MAKE IT! Ella's class is already making their way to the door. I get her in the line and feel like my heart is being ripped from me, not being able to give her a proper good-bye.

She is all smiles, though and isn't looking back at me. She's heading right to the door for her first big day.
Time didn't let me take pictures before (except the one above) so we did it afterward.

Every day since the first, I can't help but feel like I have a priceless treasure returned to me everyday at 3:25 PM.

3 comments:

Anisa said...

Afternoon kindergarten was hard for us that way too... we always felt so rushed... and it ruined our plans for the day. Good luck!

Claudia said...

love that you refer to your little girl as a priceless treasure..and it's a cute one as well.
One of my priceless treasures is 19 now and will soon leave for a year abroad..

CJMsquared+6 said...

I have that fear for afternoon kindergarten as well. But I still have a year to fret!! Can't believe how BIG that beautiful girl is getting!