Dane has a tendency to go the easy route, the quick fix, the instant gratification way of life (as we all do from time to time).
If he gets a little $$ in his pocket, he wants to burn it up quickly with Pokemon Cards. Sometimes he'll get up to the price of a Bionacle.
The other day, because we were in the area and because we had time to kill, we stopped by Toys R Us. Dane found the cutest stuffed tiger and he wanted it. At only $9.99 he thought that was something he could work toward. He had completely fallen in love.
He began to work for funds and as the cash increased he would begin to feel that desire to burn it. I would remind him about his tiger. Not a further word needed to be said. (except for that word where I forbid him to buy another Bionacle because I am sick of them never being picked up and never played with)
He worked and worked and finally the day came yesterday where he (a) had enough money and (b) Mom was willing to drive all the way back to Toys R Us.
Welcome, Stripes, to our plenitude of stuffed animals that Mom thinks aren't real, but the kids know are.
Furthermore, Dane took the time to introduce his new pet to each one of his brother and sister's stuffed animals.
And to feed him breakfast this morning.
He is pretty cute.
A future post definitely calls for discussion on why our children's obsessions drive us crazy (this is referring back to those Pokemon cards.

2 comments:
What a cute little tiger. I bet Dane's glad he stuck with it! (And good job Dane!) I love having my kids earn the money for their wants. It gives them all the power and responsibility.
That's pretty precious. Good for him!
Post a Comment