daily quote for your perusal

Dane came home yesterday determined (and needing to) finish an assignment begun at school.
He is in the middle of their class's third round of writing ficticious stories. He has really enjoyed this year of creative writing. It seems that about the same time I began carrying a notebook around nearly full-time as a writing tool, he did, too.
I am so thrilled for the marvelous ways his teacher had been developing a whole class of writers in embryo. I feel like I've been growing into writing at the same time he has been, but the difference is this: he has had two stories 'published' (the kids made books of their works and illustrated them) and I have only 'published' my own poetry on http://www.goodreads.com/ Ha!

2 comments:

Anisa said...

I thought that was fun when we brought his journal to the zoo. Brenner kind of started a journal after that!

rachel said...

I love that term: writer in embryo.