Here is Zealand.
So
stinkin'
cute!When I went to visit my sister and beautiful new nephew in Georgia, I didn't want to leave without some sightseeing. There was a small window where Mandy wanted to be out and about with my mom and so my mom said she'd drop me off at the place of my choice and pick me up a few hours later. Since I'd forgotten my camera, I used my mom's and just got the files from her this week so...
First (and only scheduled) Stop: The Margaret Mitchell House
They also have the door to Tara.
The problem with going on tours such as this by yourself is that you have to take unflattering photos of yourself to prove you were there. Can you name the actress/character who wore this dress design and in what scene in Gone with the Wind?
The nice thing, the great thing about going solo is that you can take your own sweet time.
Since I had literal hours to kill til my mom came to find me somewhere in this city, population of approximately 4,917,717 people, I started walking north. I was not totally blind though, there were incredibly helpful visitor maps.
I ended up here.
There was a special Leonardo da Vinci exhibit here, but honestly, could I justify the entrance fee when this museum and hey, this whole vacation were not budgeted for one week before Christmas? I patted myself on my thrifty back and hung in the cool giftshop and bought myself a Munch postcard and headed outside again.
This is Leo's horse. It is HUGE. I'm bad at estimating, but I'd guess it was 40 feet tall.
Luckily for me, there was a library right across the street from the museum, right on Peachtree street which I was trying to stick with so I didn't get lost. I am always home at a library. I sat down at a table and wrote while waiting for the call from Mom that she was almost back at Ms. Mitchell's place.
I walked swiftly back to meet her, catching this cool sign on the way.
I passed the actual intersection where Margaret Mitchell was struck by a speeding car at the age of 48 while crossing Peachtree. She died days later.
Nothing like a solo adventure.

4 comments:
I ADORE 'Gone with the Wind' so thank you for sharing your pix. You truly are a brave soul. I don't know if I'd dared go out by myself in an unknown place! you are my hero!!
Ahhh...LOVE all things GWTW.
I know the question is for me...
I found the dress,but for the life of me can't remember who wore it.
And it's driving me nuts. Short of watching the entire movie again-I'll bite. Who wore it and when?
I'm pretty sure that Scarlet wore it when she and Melanie are at the hospital one late night and Scarlet is complaining how tired she is.
"Aren't you tired, Melanie?"
"No, I'm not tired, Scarlet..."
Then Melanie says something about how she was going to keep working because all these wounded men "they could all be...Ashley."
Cami, I can't find your email. (?) I have never been able to find a chocolate oreo cheesecake as yummy as the one you made me and I lost the recipe you gave me. Would you mind emailing it to me? jessicaromney at hotmail dot com (in case you don't have mine...)
Post a Comment