daily quote for your perusal

Well, this week the world began to look like Christmas, but I tell you, once the smells of homemade caramel begin wafting through the house, it is Christmas. Just imagine warmth, melting butter, brown sugar and whipping cream and you've practically scratch and sniffed your monitor.
Early stages, butter chunks still melting...Heating up to firm ball stage. This is when you begin to drool.

Pouring...so amazing!
It's crazy hot, but I'd still like to swim in it.
Why not have some Chocolate Chip Cookies as well?
Yum!!!

5 comments:

Anisa said...

ummmm.....

Angie said...

This is the second post I've read in as many days about homemade caramel. I may have to make my own batch now. Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin.

Cami said...

Let's see if I can pull the recipe from my head...(I couldn't I had to delete and look at my written recipe)

Cindy's Famous Caramels
1 cup butter
1 cup cream
2 cups sugar
2 cup brown sugar
1 cup light corn syrup

Cook on medium-high heat, stirring constantly til it reaches firm ball stage.
Pour into buttered jelly-roll pan (butter it before you start!)

Christie Gardiner said...

I was going to say how rude it is to post that without the recipe, then I looked at the comments and voila. Thanks Cami!

Jake said...

Yeah, I just realized why we became friends. And it's not books. I love all things caramel.