This is not a spider. It's a katydid or leaf bug.
not to be scared of them (of course I'm a hypocrite in this, I'm a mom).
I do make an exception for garden spiders though.
Good-bye, leaf bug!
These are worth clicking on to see up close!
This is the spider hauling the huge insect up to it's lair (the dried leaf).
We could hear the spider injecting it's sedative into this bug 4x it's size.
It finally brought it home and supped all the day long.


4 comments:
Is that from the other day? Really-that was fascinating. Your pictures turned out nice.
Totally fascinating, but super creepy spider:)
I'm still very creeped out by those pics. Eric found his FOURTH BLACK WIDOW today in his garage!!!
Ummm.......Ewwww!!! I can't beieve how much that creeps me out!! I have to say, I'm the type of person who gets disgusted when Owen is playing with a Potato Bug!! But those were very nice pictures! :)
Post a Comment