I love Christmas and it's music, but there are some songs that are annoying, intolerable and/or completely stupid. Here's my top picks (including Sheryl Crow's version of Blue Christmas, for which I couldn't find a video)
Christmas Catalogue. I'm sure this song has some kind of point about commercialism, but it's really dumb.
"Merry X-mas (The War is Over)" and the guilt is just beginning. It's so manipulative that it makes me feel ill will toward John Lennon and my fellow man.
Singing Chipmunks. Enough said.
This song is just greedy and icky and Lolita-y. I cannot stomach it. Kelly Pickler is a cutie, though, so may be this version isn't so bad.
Since this post is so ornery, let me just get this out, too. I think "A Christmas Story" is the most weird & disturbing Christmas movie out there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Ryan loves that movie. I agree with you!
Uck. I hate that John Lennon song. Blah. I can't think of other ones that bug me right now, but one I LOVE is...well...I don't know exactly what it's called but goes something like "Last Christmas, I gave you my heart, but the very next day you took it away. This yearrrr to save me from tears, I'll give it so someone special. Special." You know you were singing it along with me. ;)
Well, Angie it's called Last Christmas and it's by Wham! and I love it. Jessica, if you're reading this, you're probably mocking me by sticking your finger down your throat.
I thought of one I CAN"T stand at ALL, Feliz Navidad. Ugh. Blah. Ick. Turn the station!!!!!!
Cami, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel...
thanks for this, you made me laugh...
I HATE the Christmas Shoes song. Have you heard it? So incredibly sappy.
Post a Comment