Nevermind that my husband was out at 4 AM on Black Friday shopping, the real season began on Saturday when we built the fake tree. I actually like doing this with the kids.
Cam got the lights on, then I did more shopping and then finally the next day, after church, we got to put the ornaments on the tree.
Here's a before shot taken by Dane. Oops! Looks like Bryce absorbed the flash.
We start with the crocheted snow flakes and then we tell the kids about the first ornament we bought as a couple and why it was our first and why it goes on the tree first.
It is a carved, olive wood Nativity inside a bell shape. We put it at the heart of the tree to remind us that Christ is at the center of our Christmas celebration.
After that we get the rest of the ornaments on the tree as fast as I can unwrap and unbox them.
Yes, we are missing the star or angel on top. This week, we are getting a new tree topper. One with lights. I'm voting for a really cool star. We'll see if I get my way.
By the way, if you got a chuckle out of this post, then you should know I'm on the program for another one today. You'll be missed, Uncle Bob! xoxxx
Labels:
Christmas,
family time,
holidays,
singing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
It looks beautiful- I love decorating for Christmas! Guess I better start then...
Very nice... I love the tradition of the Christ is the center of Christmas... Curtis and I are still trying to start traditions of our own! We got our tree up too but I didn't let the kids help! lol! Glad to see you family is getting into the spirit of Christmas!
I still love your tradition of getting a new ornament every year. It's getting quite full.
Post a Comment