So it's snowing...a lot.
I'm not going anywhere so I'm sharing some recent happenings around here in reverse order.
I locked myself and the kids out of the house this morning without phone, wallet and well
, keys. I was just walking across the street to participate in visiting teaching and as soon as I shut the door I knew. My saintly partner drove me to friend Angie's house who sadly wasn't home. Then I had my partner drive me to Wal-Mart grocery store. Can you believe she lent me some money, just in case? I figured we wouldn't be a burden on anyone and we could find something to entertain us, IE finding letters, numbers, colors...while waiting for Cameron's meeting to end so that he could come help is get back in. About 7 minutes into our Wal-Mart adventure, I realize there is no way that I'm going to keep them occupied for an hour and a half here (yeah, insert "duh"). Then I turn around and see my saintly friend Angie walking up the aisle with her kids. I'm sure my eyes bulged out all cartoon-like, knowing that I had just been very blessed because not only did she take us into her home, but she fed us lunch too. I know that "this is what friends are for" (as she kept telling me), but it sure is humbling and I feel so grateful. I'm also grateful I can give my visiting teaching partner her money back and didn't need to use it.
Ok, I also locked myself out of my house last night, too. Cam was home and answered the door after I pounded a bit. I was practicing for the Christmas program on Sunday with the aforementioned Angie. Boy, she's been helping me out a lot!
Yesterday was Sunday and a good day. My primary kids sang so well and they appreciated the Hershey's bribery. I also got to see my little sister who had me take pictures of her with her dog. They turned out cute. She's so beautiful.
Then my mom came up to see my kids. They sure do love Gwama Cindy!
Saturday became Mom and Boys day for me and Daddy/Daughter day for Cam. Between normal errands and all the craziness of Christmas errands we divided and conquered. Cam and Ella also baked yummy Craisin/white chocolate chip cookies together. However, we started the day out by taking family pictures for Christmas cards much to my family's
chagrin (which shows plainly on some of their faces in the photo).
Friday Cameron and I did something I thought would never happen...we sang together...in public...in performance capacity. I've never been so happy in my life. What a treasured memory! He did so awesomely and even sang a verse of Silent Night/Stille Nacht alone and in German.
The rest of the week I enjoyed time with my family. I love having Dane off-track and home.
We're simply too too excited for next week! We have fun stuff planned, it's Cameron's birthday and of course, Christmas Eve/Day!!! Yay! This is the most wonderful time of the year even if it is 29 degrees Fahrenheit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yikes! Thank goodness for Angie! Walmart for that long could have been disastrous :) This was a great, informative post...I feel like I haven't talked to you in too long!
I'm glad your duet went well... I knew it would :)
i wish i could have heard you sing!! i often think of your singing and how AMAZING it is and that i miss hearing it in the ward! i will never forget how touching it always was to hear you sing!! what a beautiful gift you have!
Post a Comment