Dane's class was given the assignment to make a Halloween building. The base should be about the size of a shoe box, but the rest was entirely up to the kids themselves. I saw a few that were turned in early when I went on Friday to volunteer and they were all cute, but all houses. I suggested to Dane that he do another type of building that would be in a town. We settled on a hospital as Dane thought a town hall was actually a hall and he started talking about pictures on the wall and what all the doors would look like...I'm still not sure he understands.
Anyway, what began as this pile of cardboard...
Then made it to this...
Became this:There are four entrances to the hospital, the one you see, the ER in the back, the vampire is standing at the blood bank entrance and the door opposite that is the Morgue. I think I did a good balance of letting Dane be a full partner in this project. He came up with half the items on the directory. He 'bandaged' most of the mummy (figures are made from polymer clay). He painted the structure white, painted all but three windows (they go all around) and the red crosses. I wish you could see them and I wish they stood up, but there are a bunch of flame shaped clear ghosts all along the roof and are only visible because of their faces.
This was so much fun. Dane even got to stay up late to help because, as you all know, it's not a school project unless sleep is lost over it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
that looks like so much fun, and his painting technique really added to the overall effect. it's a keeper for years to come. i love doing school projects, they are so much fun.
How cute! I love the clever directory- it looks like it was so much fun to make :)
I probably enjoy the macbre too much. I had to reign myself in quite a bit.
Wow... he did such a good job. Don't you love school projects!!
You are such a good mom!!!
Post a Comment