daily quote for your perusal

A year ago, the view from our back door was this.









Now, it is this.







A year ago, your view of our house was this.





Now it is this.











A year ago I had no roses, thanks to -->








Now, I have a lot of roses thanks to -->





A year ago, my kids were 1,
2 11/12, and 5 2/3.









Now, they're 2,








almost 4










and nearly 7.

A year ago, coyote and deer roamed behind our backyard.

Now, groups of happy teenagers cavort until around midnight, every night.





A year ago, I was directing wonderful choir members in ward choir.

Now I'm waving my arm in front of the Relief Society sisters and enjoying their mercifully sweet smiles.


A year ago, my camera was broken and my pictures pathetic.





Now, with my newer camera, I can't stop taking interesting and endless photos. So much fun!


A year ago, Dane's school was about to start.
Now, he's about to go off track for the first time (year-round school).

A year ago, Ella was barely potty-trained.
Now, she's practically a pro!

A year ago, Bryce said his first word.
Now, he speaks in amazingly complex sentences.

A year ago, I saw so much potential in our second home.
Now, it's our only home and I see so much work to do (mostly involving paint and putty).


A year ago, this house had no flooring and smelled so old.
Now, it looks lived in and happy and only smelled old when I came back from Education Week.

A year ago, all I could think about was family planning.
Now, I am so content.

A year ago, I wondered what our future had in store.
Now, I'm trying to settle in the thought that the future is now.

4 comments:

rachel said...

Nice post- amazing all the differences one year can make! And what a joyful spin on happy teenagers cavorting until midnight. Almost makes you miss the deer and coyotes? :)

Chunk N ME said...

That was so much fun!! Thanks for sharing! :) You are an amazing photographer by the way! :)

Angie said...

Thanks for letting me peek into your past! That would be a cute scrapbook page or Christmas letter.

Anisa said...

That's a cool post. It is truly amazing what can change in a year. I'm a little scared to look back.