daily quote for your perusal

I've been tagged by my friend Rachel to name six quirks I have. Surely I'm too normal to have six...

1) I don't like to answer my kids (or Cameron apparently).

If they ask me a question, it nearly kills me to say something akin to: "Huh. Well let me think about that for a second and let you know as soon as I come up with an answer." I just get busy on the answer...thinking, thinking...still thinking and in the mean time I'm getting: "Mom? Did you hear me, Mom?" and then the question is repeated.

If they ask me to do something, then I would much rather do it for them instead of say: "I'd be happy to! Be right there!"

2) When I am stressed in a situation I can't walk away from like a conversation or some kind of group/public thing, I put my anxious energy into scratching, rubbing or pressing on my left eyebrow. If I'm just mildly bothered it'll be the outside of the brow. If I'm getting upset quickly, I go for the inside brow. So strange. Ah well, I guess it's better than biting fingernails.


3) My mind is a steel trap for information about anything I love and when it comes to music, I can recall a song with lyrics that exactly follow or remind me of the theme of any conversation you might have with me. Just ask...you might be surprised. Then ask me the artist and era. I probably know that, too.


4) I am still afraid of going up the stairs in my parents' home in the dark and usually run.

5) I love to read comics. My dad started me off with Astrix and Obilex (that he bought during a LDS mission to Germany) and The Silver Surfer. I really love X-Men. Daily favorites are 9 Chickweed Lane, Clear Blue Water, Luann, Spiderman, Baby Blues, Pickles (I was in the MTC with the writer's daughter), and Stone Soup.

6) I am incapable of letting a chocolate cake live longer than 1 day (may be two) in my house.

Tagging: Becca, Anisa, Chelsea (when she gets all moved and settled) and Anisa, if you guys want to play along

6 comments:

rachel said...

I'm going to be on the lookout for the eyebrow thing :D You know I'm going to notice that now- not that you should be stressed to talk to me or anything...When it comes to the chocolate cake dying, call me and I'll help you end the suffering sooner!

Kirbell said...

I totally bite my nails and I know it's terrible! AND I read Asterix and Obelix when I was little in Germany. Love it!

Angie said...

I hate going up any stairs in the dark or down the hall or...well, I let's just say I prefer to walk a lit path. :) I'm all for helping chocolate cake along. Call me anytime!

Glad you like the bows. They were so fun to make.

Anisa said...

Since I've been tagged twice, I should try to do it... but we'll see if I have time.

I didn't know about the eyebrow thing... weird.

Cami said...

You all know, now, that I'll be suppressing the eyebrow thing when I'm around you all.

suzanne cabrera said...

Ha...this is funny. I'm still afraid of going up the stairs in the dark at my parents house too!