daily quote for your perusal

Today is/was Bryce's 2nd birthday. My baby ain't a baby no more, that's for sure.
I would've posted this 20 minutes ago, but the patter of little feet on a wooden floor told me I wasn't alone and wouldn't ya' know, the little birthday boy made one final appearance for the night. He's now sleeping soundly in my bed (Cam is out of town again) and I am here in front of the computer.

A few things to know about Bryce:

He is obsessed with Lego "guys." I got him two of his very own for his birthday: Obi-Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker. Dane claims he has wanted Obi-Wan more than anything and life is not fair and that Bryce is only crying hysterically because he needs a nap (sorry, he had one...) and not because the Lego guy is in Dane's hand.


Bryce loves the Transformers theme song and he can sing it. He begins: "Transformas, wobots in duh-skyes. Transfomas, more dan meetsdee...Daddy, you sing the Transformas song!"

Bryce does not know what "use an inside voice" means. If he is playing, he is shouting and he loves to play. I don't know how Ella, his favorite playmate, puts up with it. Today, I suggested that she remind him to be quieter when he does that.

Bryce loves Wall*E and he has the sheets to prove it.
Interruption of play is devastating. Cam was on the phone with me while I was in Provo and as I understand it, put down a toy that Bryce had handed him many times. My baby boy was sobbing as though his heart would break. It nearly broke mine. If I dare venture into the playroom when he and Ella are having an adventure, he begins to panic and say "No! No, Mommy, no!" all the while doing some funny stomping feet dance. Dude, I'm only coming in to say hello!

Bryce is also sweet, full of empathy and love, fun-loving, brave, tough and full of questions.


He looks like Brad Pitt more all the time.


We love you, Brycie-Bug! Happy, happy birthday!!!

7 comments:

Kirbell said...

He totally looks like Brad Pitt! The good guy Brad Pitt. You'll have to watch out for him when he's a teenager - the girls will be flocking.

CJMsquared+6 said...

Happy Birthday Bryce! Sounds like he is a joy to have a round. We really need to get him and Caleb together,I bet they'd have a blast!!

Anonymous said...

Many happy returns, beautiful Brycie!

Anisa said...

What a cutie! I'm glad Dane was jealous of Bryce's lego guy. Those older brothers!

rachel said...

Yay for Bryce- He is adorable- glad he had a good birthday :)

Angie said...

I just saw a different picture of Brad Pitt and yes-Bryce does look like him! Cute.

Anonymous said...

I love the pics! I have the cutest nephew in the whole wide world! Broke my heart yesterday. I'm just glad he wasn't crying. Happy Birthday Bryce! Love you lots! xoxo